For more information regarding our services, please contact our office and a representative will be more than happy to assist you.
Last modified: January 24, 2018
DirectNet, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://directnetllc.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- On any social media platform, including (but not exclusively) facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin, etc.
It does not apply to information collected:
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and protected health information (“PHI”) through the Website when you voluntarily choose to provide such information, such as when registering to receive information and updates. PII and PHI can include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, insurance carrier, and physician. Certain Website services may permit more extensive submission of PII and PHI from you.
We provide the Website on behalf of health plan participants. As a result, We are subject to federal healthcare privacy and security standards under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). To the extent that the PII and PHI that you provide is “protected health information” subject to HIPAA, We will safeguard the privacy and security of that information in accordance with all applicable HIPAA requirements. We further comply with all other applicable U.S. laws and regulations for personal information we collect, use, process, transfer, and store.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer/device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Collection Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
At certain locations on the Website where information about you may be requested, the Website provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications. You may also review and request changes to your PII and PHI that We have collected, including the removal of your PII and PHI from Company’s databases in order to prevent receipt of future communications or to halt receipt of any Website services, using any of the following options:
You can send your request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can mail your request to the following postal address:
1333 2nd ST NE, Suite 200
Hickory, NC 28601
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. It is your sole responsibility to inform us of any need to deactivate a password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.